THE LEEDS ASSOCIATION OF ENGINEERS
Minutes of the Council held at 7:30pm on Thursday 6th December 2018 at the Cornerhouse Club Leeds
1. Attendance. J. Aldersley President in the chair with J. Bentley, K. Hegarty, A. Rogers, H. Kingswell, A. Kibler, G. Roper, S. Stacey, R. Town.
2. Apologies for absence. I. Scholes, M. Murray, J. Shergill, I. Blakeley, G. Toulson.
3. Minutes from the Previous Meeting. Dated 1st November 2018 were approved and signed.
4. Matters Arising. None.
5. Treasurers Report. £50 for the lecture in November and the Association sent flowers for Mr. Aldersley’s wife. Accounts for 2017 now compete.
6. Correspondence. No replies from Leeds Model Engineers and Allied Glass.
7. Membership. Mr. Whitley in arrears for 3 years, now paid 2018/2019 subs. Council voted to renew membership and update his details on the membership records. New member form submitted for Ms. Jennifer Burton, council voted and accepted her as a member. Council proposed to invite Ms. Burton onto the council outside the annual general meeting, council agreed.
Mr. Town suggested Apris were difficult to contact and UTC Leeds might be the better option for a candidate for a student award.
8. Annual Church Service. Mr. Scholes to contact the church in the New Year.
9. Current Programme. Mr. Aldersley had a message from Mr. Scholes following a visit to the Halifax Industrial Museum, possible visit for a Thursday afternoon rather than an evening. Mr. Shergill suggested a lecture on a railway topic and a possible visit to Scunthorpe. Mr. Roper had a contact for a possible visit/lecture on anaesthesia. February visit still required along with ladies evening. Mr. Aldersley to talk to Keighley Engineers on a possible social occasion. Possibility of visiting Arla foods. Mr. Town mentioned he would contact SKF bearings for next session.
10. Website. Mr. Toulson keeps performing updates.
11. Youtube. Mr. Kingswell presented a first draft viewing of the video proposed for Youtube to the council members.
12. Golf. Mr. Stacey in negotiations with Cobble Hall Golf Club, Deposit now paid, date agreed for the 2nd July 2019, menu to be agreed.
13. Annual Dinner. Mr. Kibler to start arranging in January 2019, proposed date is currently 6th April 2019.
14. Any Other Business. Having no other business Mr. Aldersley closed the meeting.
……………………………… President …………………….. Date