Council Meeting Minutes – February 2020

Minutes of the Council Meeting held at 7.15pm on Thursday 6th February 2020 at the Corner House Club Moortown Club Leeds.

1. Attendance. R. Town President in the chair with, J. Aldersley, G. Roper, I. Scholes, A. Kibler, A. Rogers, J. Bentley, J. Burton, S. Stacey and I. Blakeley.

2. Apologies for absence. J. Shergill, G. Toulson, H. Kingswell and M. Murray.

3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting, dated 2nd January 2020 were, approved & signed.

4. Matters Arising. Mr. Roper has spoken to Ken Norris regarding his overpayment of subscription, this has now been corrected.

5. Treasurers Report. Mr. Kibler reported that the last month had been largely inactive with just the three transactions to report.

Transaction Details From 2nd January 2020 to 6th February 2020
Debits :-

£135..00 – Scandura Room Hire (for lecture meetings).

Credits :-

£210.00 – Multiple Subscriptions
£15.00 – Membership Fee / Subscription (Mr. Bond)

Mr. Kibler did report balance in account but this figure is not published.

6. Correspondence. Nothing to report.

7. Membership. We do not have a formal report in Mr. Murray’s absence. Mr. Stacey said Alan Braime is considering corporate membership. We have been asked by Paul Beaumont whether his membership is up to date, but we may have to wait for Mr. Murray’s return to answer this.

8. Current Programme. A number of changes to the programme have been necessary. Mr. Yates (a former president of our association) has stepped in to help us by moving his lecture from April to February. Jayanti Mistry (Kenametal) will now give his lecture after the A.G. M. in April. We are looking at making a visit to Kirklees Light Railway on the 28th May, where we will get a tour around the engine sheds and will be given a talk. Mr. Kibler will speak to Gordon (Kirklees Light Railway) to find the cost of them providing a buffet. Our plans are to make this event the ladies evening. Of course, we will need to advise numbers for buffet.

9. Next Session. We are planning on getting a visit to Drakes Extrusions Halifax factory to see the other part of their business.

10. Website. Nothing to report.

11. Journal. Mr Bentley told us he has started compiling information for the journal which he is hopeful of getting published at the end of the year. He asked that if anyone has anything that could be incorporated it would be greatly appreciated.

12. Golf. Mr. Stacey will start contacting people in April to get a view of the level of interest when he has confirmed the venue.

13. Annual Dinner. Mr. Kibler reported the menu for this year’s annual dinner has been agreed. The price remains the same as last year but in order to maintain the price we have had to sacrifice the cheese and biscuits. The menu is very similar to last year but the chicken choice for main course has been substituted with gammon. Mr. Kibler brought dinner application forms along to the meeting, this will also be published on the website. We are not inviting the Lord Mayor of Leeds because we have now moved to a much more informal dinner. The first drink for members and guests will be complimentary and Mr. Kibler will be setting a quiz. Mr. Kibler said he will contact Keighley to invite their president and ask if any of their membership would like to attend.

Any other Business. Having no other business Mr. Town closed the meeting.


……………………………………………President. ……………….. Date