Council Meeting Minutes – February 2024…..

Minutes of the Council Meeting held at 7.15pm on Thursday 1st February 2024 at The Cornerhouse Club, Leeds.

1. Attendance. R. Town in the chair with A. Rogers, B. Yates, G. Roper and J. Bentley.

2. Apologies for absence. G. Toulson, J. Burton, H. Soutar, M. Murray, I. Blakeley, I. Scholes, A. Kibler and S. Stacey.

3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting, dated 4th January 2024 were approved & signed.

4. Matters Arising. None.

5. Treasurers Report. Mr. Kibler briefly summarised his report that had been sent prior to the meeting by email. The full list of transactions is listed below.

5/Jan/24      Subs – M Murray £20.00
15/Jan/24    Subs – E Atkinson £20.00
25/Jan/24    Subs – C Burgess £20.00
29/Jan/24    Subs – Bannister £20.00

6. Correspondence. Mr. Murray forwarded on an email to Mr. Town that was received by our member Francis Atkinson giving the association an update on his health. Mr. Murray also forwarded Mr. Town an email received from the Anderton Boat Lift regarding a future possible visit.

7. Membership. Nothing to report.

8. Current Programme. The visit to Siddall & Hilton was a success and there is an offer for a further visit with another group of 8 members. We are to attend IFG Drake Limited (Golcar) in February and Mr. Town will make contact the week prior to remind them of the visit.

9. Next Session. Mr. Yates has made contact with John Scriven at Esterform packaging regarding a possible visit to the factory. Mr. Yates also made contact with a local glass manufacturer but was advised to reconnect after June. We have had an offer of a possible September visit to and talk by the Anderton Boat Lift. We had previously asked for a visit and follow up talk but this has been declined due to staffing issues. Mr. Town will reconnect with CmbE regarding a visit to their Wortley works. Mr. Yates is seeking to connect with MARS pet food for a possible visit and also offered a presentation “Engines for Engineers.”

10. Website. Nothing to report.

11. Golf. Mr. Stacey said everything is in place that needs to be done at the moment. He will not be doing anything further until March. He does not anticipate requiring any further golfers as he tries to keep numbers down to thirty nine.

12. Annual Dinner. Mr. Kibler advised via emails that the invites have been sent out. It was also discussed whether we should invite the hosts of the visits we attend this year. Council voted and it was agreed that an invite should be sent to Andrew Dawson of Siddal & Hilton.

13. Church Service. Nothing new to report.
Any other Business. Mr. Yates asked if we can confirm that he has indeed been voted in as trustee following Mr. Hegarty’s resignation as trustee. Mr. Town said he was sure that Mr. Yates was voted in as trustee at the previous AGM. With no other business Mr. Town closed the meeting.


……………………………………………President ……………….. Date