Subscribe for Email Updates
- 27 Mar 14 : Lecture: Thomas Green & Son, Leeds Engineers, a brief history... by John Pease - LAE member
- 10 Apr 14 : Lecture: Model Railway Engines...
- 9 May 14 : 148th Anniversary Dinner - May 2014
- 11 May 14 : Annual Church Service - May 2014
- 29 May 14 : Visit: Kirkstall Precision Ltd.
Meet Roger W. Smith – Watchmaker extraordinaire ! He can spend a week producing a tiny cog that his rivals might churn out in a few seconds. Just one sneeze can make a month’s work disappear into thin air (it … Continue reading
The world’s longest aircraft (as opposed to a lighter than air ‘airship’) has just been unveiled at an airfield in Cardington, England, from where the great airships of the 1920′s flew. At first, you might mistake it for a giant … Continue reading
In July 2013 there was a great reunion of A4-class Pacific Locomotives at the National Railway Museum. ‘The Great Gathering‘ was to celebrate the 75th anniversary of ‘Mallard‘ becoming the fastest steam locomotive in the world. On 3rd July 1938 … Continue reading
Barrie Yates contacted the Website Editor recently and asked for a link to be posted following a request from a guest at the lecture. The link details the ‘Bob Boyce 101 Plate Cell‘ with ‘Toroid Coil‘ and plans to … Continue reading