THE LEEDS ASSOCIATION OF ENGINEERS
Minutes of the Council Meeting held at 7.30pm on Thursday 16th July 2020 online.
The meeting was hosted by Mr. Kibler using the “Zoom” video conferencing application. This was necessary due to the national Covid – 19 requirements for social distancing.
1. Attendance. J. Aldersley in the chair with, G. Roper, I. Scholes, A. Kibler, J. Bentley, H. Kingswell, M. Murray and I. Blakeley.
2. Apologies for absence. J. Shergill, G. Toulson, A. Rogers, R. Town, S. Stacey and J. Burton.
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting. Dated 16th June 2020 were approved & signed.
4. Matters Arising. None.
5. Treasurers Report. Mr. Kibler said there are no transactions to report since the last meeting.
6. Correspondence. We had no written correspondence but have had a request from Keighley Association of Engineers for a list of contacts for potential lectures / visits. They said they are having difficulty getting new members. They have decided not to collect subscriptions this year. Mr Murray said he had an email from The Print Works Kitchens (college we visited a couple of years ago) advertising their Christmas menu, he suggested we circulate to our membership / post on website.
7. Membership. Nothing to report.
8. Current Programme. Mr. Kibler said Kirklees Light Railway is now operating again and that he will check with Neil (his contact at Kirklees Light Railway) whether it’s viable to have our trip this year? But on reflection we decided it would be better to wait until next year. Mr. Murray suggested that we might be able to do the annual walk in Autumn rather than at the Solstice.
9. Next Session. We are hoping to start the new session with an Autumn walk Covid -19 permitting. We are hopeful of carrying over the postponed events from this session into the next one. Mr. Aldersley says he has a couple of companies he wants to contact with a view to them hosting a visit or offering a lecture.
10. Website. There are updates on the website regarding the postponement of the golf tournament and the annual dinner.
11. Journal. Mr Bentley has now received the membership list from Mr. Murray but would like an updated list of members’ addresses. Mr. Blakeley to send photographs of locomotive re-builds for incorporation in the journal.
12. Annual Golf Tournament. Mr. Stacey is hoping that the golf day will be in June 2021 at Leeds Golf Club assuming we are back to normal by then.
13. Annual Dinner. Mr. Kibler said the annual dinner is cancelled for this year and a notice has been placed on the website confirming this.
Any other Business. Having no other business Mr. Aldersley closed the meeting after thanking those who attended and advising that the next virtual meeting will be on the 3rd September.
……………………………………………President. ……………….. Date