Attention All Members ! New Meeting Venue…
The lecture room in Cleckheaton is no longer available for our meetings due to redevelopment of the area and so council have selected a new venue in Morley for forthcoming meetings. The new venue has ample parking and similar facilities to our previous meeting room.
Details are as follows:-
Central Methodist Church Hall Wesley Street Morley Leeds LS27 9SL
The Copy Plus code is: P9VX+M8 Leeds (enter this in the Google Maps search box)
SatNav Co-ordinates: 53º44’39” N 1º36’03’’ W
Google Maps Link (opens in a new tab): Morley Lecture Venue
The venue is located in an area where there are on-street resident parking restrictions and if by chance the parking spaces in the church car park are full please ensure you comply with any restrictions as noted on the signs. In addition to off-street parking at the venue there is a free council car park close by, adjacent to Morrisons Supermarket on Queensway.
As Queen Street is pedestrianised there are two ways to reach the venue:-
(1) From Corporation Street (driving from the Bruntcliffe Lane end) turn left at Windsor House Surgery onto Albion Street, then immediately turn right onto Westfield Road, turning left onto Wesley Street.
(2) From the roundabout at the junction of Corporation Street and Fountain Street, take the Fountain Street exit down the hill and take the first left onto Oddfellow Street. At the end turn right onto Wesley Street.
A few photographs are to be found below to help with location if required.
The car park entrance is after the church on the right hand side driving down Wesley Street. The meeting venue is entered through the door on Wesley Street beneath the sign ‘Central Methodist Hall’
Several hostelries are located within a short walk of the venue for refreshments after lecture meetings.
Council hope that you will enjoy the new venue, so watch out for events which will be posted on the website.
As the venue is privately owned we will need to comply with requirements which we hope will only be temporary.
- Members to wear a face covering upon arrival.
- Members to sanitise hands on arrival.
- Toilet facilities must be sanitised after use.
- Chairs to be stacked after use.